Document, Scotland’s only dedicated human rights film festival, is going into its 17th edition from 24-27 October at CCA Glasgow, and we’re looking for a team of enthusiastic volunteers!
If you are keen to get hands-on experience in a small, friendly festival environment, get in touch with responses to the questions below before midday on 25 September.
Volunteers play a key role at Document, since you’re often the first point of contact for guests and audiences, so we’re looking for reliable, committed and friendly team members with an interest in event organising, hospitality and documentary film.
You need to be available to work at least 2 shifts over the festival dates. Shifts will be no longer than 6 hours, with regular breaks.
As a volunteer, you will be able to attend all festival events for free (subject to ticket availability). Document will provide snacks and a contribution towards travel expenses.
To apply, please send your responses to the following questions to Tony Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Your name, address, and phone number
2. Why would you like to volunteer for Document?
3. Can you tell us a bit about specific skills and work experience so far?
4. Do you have any access needs or medical conditions we should be aware of? We will try and accommodate any particular needs as much as possible.
5. Have you volunteered for Document before?
6. Please indicate your availability for the dates from 23 – 28 October. The festival will take place 24 – 27 Oct, but we might need a little bit of help with prep and get-out on either side.
7. What t-shirt size would you require?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Document is Scotland’s only dedicated human rights film festival, developing inclusive programmes that are both critically engaging and aesthetically striking. Through screenings, discussions, workshops and performances we look to contribute to a wider awareness and understanding of human rights, to promote equality and to advocate for a nuanced, intersectional analysis of both local and global struggles.
Almost all our 2019 events will take place in CCA Glasgow. We will announce our programme in early October.