• All submissions must be subtitled in English for screening purposes
• All submissions must be in PAL format – NTSC is not accepted
• We are unable to accept tape formats.
• It is preferred that submissions for consideration should be sent as link previews (vimeo, youtube) or shareable transfers such as WeTransfer or Dropbox.
• If the film is successful we request that you send A DIGITAL MASTER FILE for screening in the
festival. We receive master file as both digital download and external harddrive/flashdrive (mac formatted).
(n.b: Document does not cover the cost of postage for the delivery of the screenings masters to the festival but will pay for their return to the filmmakers.)
The preferred screening format for accepted Document submissions is digital film with the following
.mov or .mp4 video file
10,000kbit/s target bitrate
ACC or mp3 audio codec
same-as-source sample rate
We can also accept uncompressed ProRes, and BluRay, although these are not preferred options.
Please Note: Document Film Festival is unable to pay screening fees for submmitted films.